Useful Things You Should Pack for Tour to Tibet
As we all know, Tibet is located at the top of the world, with high altitude and complex terrain. The climate in Tibet is somewhat harsh. We would like to share a list of useful things you should pack for tour to Tibet, especially clothes.
The temperature in Tibet varies greatly between the day and night. Though the temperature during daytime is around 10-25°C in Lhasa, the night temperature may reach 0°C and when visit the lake or mountain, down-jacket is needed.
Try to dress in black or other heavy color clothes since the road out of Lhasa may be very dusty and dirty. The following are some useful things recommended to bring for your tour in Tibet:
Jacket: a fiber-pile jacket is ideal for evening.
Sweater: Wool or wool mix with a high neck for extra warmth.
Headwear: wool or fiber-pile ski-stly cap or balaclava for warmth. A lightweight brimmed hat is good for sun protection. Inexpensive broad brimmed straw and welt hats are sold in Tibet's city markets.
Scarf: wool or silk is best.
Mittens or gloves: wool, pile, or polypylene are best.
Bandanna or handkerchief: Bring several.
Cotton underwear: four or five pairs.
Socks: at least three pairs.
Shirts: A long-sleeve shirt made of wool, flannel, or chamois, or a track-suit top. A long-sleeve stay-preen cotton shirt for warmer temperatures. Bring two or three T-shirts as well.
Pants: For men, one pair of loose-fitting wool pants, wool knickers, or fiber-pile pants, and one pair of light-weight cotton pants. Women should wear a mid-calf dress or skirt, though pants and knee-length knickers with socks are also acceptable. Shorts are not appropriate at any time in Tibet for men or women.
Journal, reading book, writing materials: For quiet moments.
Camera: You will regret not bring one.
Binoculars: Good for observing birds, wildlife, and distant scenery.
Money pouch or belt: Safer than a wallet for keeping your passport, money, and valuable papers.
Pictures from home: Personal photographs of your children, pet, city, house, and so on are a great way to communicate with local people.
Snack foods: Nuts, chocolate bars, granola bars, dried fruit, hard candies, beef jerky, and flavored drink mixes are much-appreciated trail treats.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- What is Kora in Tibet
- How to Travel in Tibet for the First Time?
- How to Get to Namtso Lake
- Useful Things You Should Pack for Tour to Tibet
- 20 Top Tibet Travel Experiences
- Make a Responsible Tibet Tour
- Tibet Travel Tips to Visit Yamdrok Lake
- Information about public facilities in Tibet you may need to know
- Tips for Visiting Potala Palace in Lhasa
- Altitude of Main Cities & Places of Interest in Tibet
- Practical information of tourist in Tibet
- TIMING,FESTIVALS AND SENSITIVE PERIODS:
- Why go to Tibet?
- Tibet Travel Tips for You When Planning a Tibet Tour
- What to Pack for a Tibet Tour
- Tibet Travel Guide and Travel Information
- How to Tour Tibet?
- how to go to tibet from philippines
- Travel to Tibet from UK