Information about public facilities in Tibet you may need to know
It is true that Tibet is a place with a strong flavor of being original. The environment and culture as well as the ancient buildings and monasteries are all protected very well in Tibet. Then, are the common infrastructures we use every day also available in Tibet? Yes, they are and you don't need to worry it when you travel to tibet. I’m going to share you some basic information about public facilities in Tibet you may need to know during your Tibet tours.
Post and communication
You can handle all kind of business in the post office in lhasa, and there are post offices in all counties in Tibet. You can even send your friend a postcard at the foot of Mount Everest during your Everest Base Camp tour.
The telecommunication has been developed well in Lhasa, the capital city of Tibet. You can make long distance calls in the street in Lhasa, but the charge is comparatively high being around 1 Yuan per minute. However, you may choose to use IC phone and it is also available in the street and in some big hotels in Lhasa.
Mobile communication is also available in Lhasa as well as other counties in Tibet, but only the GSM users can use it. Users of China Unicom may fail to use their cellphones.
supermarket in lhasa
There are many big supermarkets in Lhasa, such as Baiyi Chain Stores, Hong Yan supermarket and Lhasa Department Store, and these supermarkets are well distributed in the city. Along with the running of the Tibet train, it is very convenient to shop in Tibet. You can buy almost every thing you need in Lhasa just as any other big cities.
There are lots of internet bars in Lhasa and computer is no longer something unusual in Tibet. The speed is also fast now. And usually it is charged by hour which is ranging from 2 to 3 Yuan per hour.
post office in lhasa
So far, there are Bank of China, China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, Postal Savings Bank of China and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China in Lhasa. Credit card and Visa card are all available in large stores, supermarkets and hotels. But, you are recommended to have card of ABC or PSBC for they are much more convenient when you are in places in Tibet other than Lhasa.
The express delivery service has developed fast along with the development of tourism in Tibet. Now there are lots of express companies in Lhasa and you may deliver your goods to any place you want easily and quickly.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- What is Kora in Tibet
- How to Travel in Tibet for the First Time?
- How to Get to Namtso Lake
- Useful Things You Should Pack for Tour to Tibet
- 20 Top Tibet Travel Experiences
- Make a Responsible Tibet Tour
- Tibet Travel Tips to Visit Yamdrok Lake
- Information about public facilities in Tibet you may need to know
- Tips for Visiting Potala Palace in Lhasa
- Altitude of Main Cities & Places of Interest in Tibet
- Practical information of tourist in Tibet
- TIMING,FESTIVALS AND SENSITIVE PERIODS:
- Why go to Tibet?
- Tibet Travel Tips for You When Planning a Tibet Tour
- What to Pack for a Tibet Tour
- Tibet Travel Guide and Travel Information
- How to Tour Tibet?
- how to go to tibet from philippines
- Travel to Tibet from UK