How to Travel in Tibet for the First Time?
Tibet is such a wonderful and mysterious place that you may find it impossible to fully know it from only one or two visits in there. Then how to travel in Tibet for the first time? Well, there are mainly two districts favored by most travelers in Tibet, and you are not supposed to miss them during your first travel in Tibet:
The first one is Lhasa. Lhasa is the capital city of Tibet. Here, you may visit the holy Potala Palace, the Jokhang Temple and the Ramoche Temple. In the suburb of Lhasa, there is the Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Gandan Monastery, Tsupu Monastery and Norbulingka Palace. Besides, you may also visit the Yangpachen hot spring and the highest lake: Namsto Lake.
an old tibetan woman
The second one is Shigatse. There is the Tashilhunpo Monastery (the ancient temple for all Panchen Lamas), Sakya Monastery, which is also called “the second Dunhuang”(Dunhuang is famous for its Mogao Grottoes), Shalu Monastery and Palkor Monastery.
Of course, there are many other famous scenic spots in Tibet, but the above-said spots are mainly suggested for those travelers who travel to Tibet for the first time and want most to know the Tibet culture as well as the Tibetan Buddhism. You may choose an 8-day Lhasa-Shigatse and Namtso tour which covers almost all the scenic spots I’ve said above to fully enjoy exploring the Tibet culture; or the 6-day Lhasa-Gyantse-Shigatse tour, if you are quite in hurry. The said two tours are both very popular among foreign travelers who travel to Tibet for the first time. Or you may go to the central Tibet cultural tour to select your own itinerary.
Here aresome tips for you:
Second, you should be aware of the risk of high altitude illness before entering Tibet, you may take some medicines in advance, experts also say that black sugar may help avoid high altitude illness;
Third, book the Tibet train tickets as soon as possible and pack proper clothes, by the way, don’t forget sunglasses or sun cream.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- What is Kora in Tibet
- How to Travel in Tibet for the First Time?
- How to Get to Namtso Lake
- Useful Things You Should Pack for Tour to Tibet
- 20 Top Tibet Travel Experiences
- Make a Responsible Tibet Tour
- Tibet Travel Tips to Visit Yamdrok Lake
- Information about public facilities in Tibet you may need to know
- Tips for Visiting Potala Palace in Lhasa
- Altitude of Main Cities & Places of Interest in Tibet
- Practical information of tourist in Tibet
- TIMING,FESTIVALS AND SENSITIVE PERIODS:
- Why go to Tibet?
- Tibet Travel Tips for You When Planning a Tibet Tour
- What to Pack for a Tibet Tour
- Tibet Travel Guide and Travel Information
- How to Tour Tibet?
- how to go to tibet from philippines
- Travel to Tibet from UK