The Forbidden City
The Forbidden City is the palatial heart of China. Constructed in 1420, during the early Ming Dynasty, it is China's best-preserved imperial palace, and the largest ancient palatial structure in the world.
There are about 6 flights between Beijing and Lhasa each day usually before 15:00 o'clock among which 3 flights are non-stop, and other 3 have stopovers in Chengdu, Xining or Xian.
Usually the flights depart Beijing in the morning and arrive in Lhasa in the afternoon, within about 5 hours. The flights back to Beijing from Lhasa always depart in the afternoon and arrive at night.
Please note that the Beijing Lhasa flight ticket officially costs around 2580RMB, but usually the eariler you book, the greater discount you'll get. The official price is also subject to change, so contact our experts to get an updated quotation.
1. Beijing is the most popular International arrival city in China. Once arriving at Beijing, without any middle transfer, you can directly take a train to Lhasa from Beijing West Railway Station.
2. Beijing operates a daily train Z21 to Lhasa. As the starting city, it is easier to obtain a train ticket.
3. It is perfect to travel Beijing with Tibet because both two destinations are full of things to do.
The railway distance between Beijing and Lhasa is as far as 3757km, stretching from the lower northern China to the high plateau of Tibet and crossing 8 provinces and more than 30 cities, which make the Beijing Lhasa Train as a traversing journey to experience China’ diverse landscape and culture.
1. Due to the limited supply of Tibet train ticket, we are sorry about not offering the ticket-only service.
2. Because the Tibet train tickets are quite popular, especially in peak seasons (from July to October), please make your enquiry at least 3-6 months before your departure date.
1. All necessary Tibet Permits: No matter what kind of visa you're having, you are assured that we can help you get the Tibet travel permit.
2. Tibet local guide & transfer to ensure your freedom and flexibility to stop off en route.
3. Get the train/air tickets to Lhasa from main cities of China, Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, at best-price value.
As a common practice, we will deliver your Tibet travel permit to your hotel in Beijing by express, 1-7 days prior to your departure for Lhasa. It is common to get the permit even the night or a couple of hours before your departure to Tibet. In some extreme cases, our staff in Beijing will deliver it to your hand before departure at airport or railway station. As a Tibet travel agency, we have never failed to get and deliver the Tibet travel permit to our clients. Please feel rest-assured.
If you take a flight to Lhasa from Beijing, the original copy is required, while if getting to Lhasa from Beijing by train, a printed copy is enough. Your travel consultant will handle with it perfectly according to the situation.
The Tourism Bureau only accepts the permit application that is used to arrive in Tibet within 20 days. Generally, it takes 6-12 working days to issue the permit after we get the photo copy of your passport and Chinese visa. The application time depends on where you travel in Tibet, about 8-12 days to get the permit if heading to Mt.Everest and Mount Kailash, and just 6-8 days if you only travel in Lhasa City.
After we get the permit in Lhasa, we will deliever the permit to you immediately by express, and it takes at least 3 days to arrive in Beijing. Therefore, you will only be able to get the permit within 1 to 7 days before your departure for Lhasa.
However, your personal consultant usually ask you to confirm the tour much earlier, because the earlier you provide all the required documents, the earlier we can submit to Tibet Tourism Bureau and wait for your turn.