Zhengzhou to Lhasa Flight
Zhengzhou Lhasa Flights - Route, Schedule, Fares, Permit, Ticket Booking 2020/2021
Zhengzhou to Lhasa Flight
Zhengzhou Lhasa Flight Brief Facts
Zhengzhou, the capital of Henan Province, is an important traffic hub offering air routes and high speed railways to the major cities in China. It is one of the cities which are linked with Lhasa by flights. There are four daily flights between Zhengzhou, two from Zhengzhou to Lhasa and two from Lhasa to Zhengzhou.
Distance: 2107 miles (3392 km)
Flying Duration: 3 hours 50 minutes
Major Airlines: West Air
Frequency: 2 flights per day
Flight Type: nonstop flights + connecting flights
Ticket Full Price: 2760 CNY (economy class)
Airports: Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport (CAN) - Lhasa Gonggar International Airport (LXA)
Zhengzhou Lhasa Flights Schedules, Airlines and Fares
Totally, there are two daily nonstop flights from Zhengzhou to Lhasa – PN6293 taking off at 06:20 and landing on at 10:10, and PN6303 departing at 16:43 and arriving at 20:30. Both of them are operated by West Air. The fly duration is about 3 hours and 50 minutes. At the same day, there are two nonstop flights from Lhasa to Zhengzhou, including PN6294 and PN6304. PN6294 takes off at 10:45 from Lhasa and gets to Zhengzhou at 14:05, with duration of 3 hours and 20 minutes. PN6304 is a night flight starts off at 21:15 and reaches Zhengzhou at 00:40 of the next day.
Zhengzhou to Lhasa Flights Timetable
|Flight No.||Departure -- Arrival||Duration||Frequency||Plane||Ticket|
Xinzheng Airport (T2)
|3h 50m||SMTWTFS||Airbus A319||
Xinzheng Airport (T2)
|3h 45m||SMTWTFS||Airbus A319||
Tibet Travel Permit and Flight Travel
A Tibet Travel Permit (Tibet Entry Permit) is the MUST-DOCUMENT to take a flight to Tibet. It is firstly needed to book flight from the airport or ticket agent. When you check in and check out the airports, the original Tibet Travel Permit also will be checked. (Note: if you take flight to Lhasa from Kathmandu, you only have to have the scanned copy of Tibet Travel Permit.) Please remember to duplicate at least 3 copies of Tibet Travel Permit because the permits are required for many occasions. The permit can only be issued in Tibet by the Tibet Tourism Bureau, and also can be only applied by travel agency behalf of travelers. It needs about 15~20 days to obtain the permit.
How to Apply for Tibet Travel Permit
1. Contact us to work out and confirm an itinerary in Tibet;
2. Send us the scanned copies of your passport, and provide an available address in China(hotel or local agency) to receive your permit;
3. We apply for the Tibet Travel Permit from Tibet Tourism Bureau in Lhasa;
4. Once the permit is issued, we will send the original permit to you by post.
>> Learn more detail about Tibet Travel Permit Application
Most Frequently Asked Questions about Zhengzhou Lhasa Flight
1. When is the best time to travel to Zhengzhou and Lhasa?
As for Zhengzhou city, it is a great place suitable for travelling all the year around, since the climate here is warm and moist, with small temperature difference. The best time to travel around this city is autumn and early winter, when clear weather prevails and tourists will feel most comfortable. For Lhasa tour, it is a good choice to travel to this holy city from May to October. During this time, the city of Lhasa is provided with warm sunshine and high oxygen content, good for sightseeing. From March to October, the climate becomes mild and humid and is the best season for travel in Tibet.
2. How can I get discounted flight ticket from Zhengzhou to Lhasa?
If you want to buy your Zhengzhou to Lhasa flight at a lower price, the best choice is to avoid the high tourist season. The most crowded seasons in China are Chinese Spring Festival and National Day. For Tibet tours, the most popular time is from April to June and September to October. While during the time between July and August, there are still a lot of people rush to Tibet since it is in the summer vacation for students in China. Therefore, try to plan your Tibet trip in low seasons, like winter, then you can book some discounted flights.
3. Which airport should I go for taking the flight to Lhasa in Zhengzhou?
There is only 1 direct flight flying to Lhasa from Zhengzhou every day, which takes off at the Zhengzhou Baiyun International Airport. Located in the northern region of Zhengzhou city, Zhengzhou Baiyun International Airport is about 28 kilometers away from the downtown area. The airport operates airlines connecting more than 200 destinations in the world, including over 80 international cities.
As for the airport transfer, tourists can take the subway (Metro Line 3) to the Airport South Station. The opening time of the subway is from 6:10 am to 23:27 pm. Also, there are frequent airport shuttle buses, connecting the airport to most areas in the downtown. If the time is limited, you can choose to take a taxi directly from your hotel to the airport, which may cost about 100 to 200 CNY in total.
4. How to get to Zhengzhou from Hong Kong?
Considering the geographical advantage, many tourists would like to first enjoy sightseeing in the noted city of Hong Kong, before heading to Zhengzhou for the next transfer or tour. As for the transfer from Hong Kong to Zhengzhou, there are mainly two ways for choice. Firstly, tourists can take the Zhengzhou-Kowloon Through Train, which can bring you from Hong Kong Kowloon to Zhengzhou East Railway Station. Covering a total length of 183 km, the train runs only 1 hour and 55 minutes. It leaves every hour from 7:25 am to 20:00 pm, charging HK$210 for first class and HK$250 for premium class seat.
As for tourists who want to get to Zhengzhou from the Hong Kong Airport, they can take the tourist bus. The tourist bus main station is right at Terminal 2 of the airport, with several counters selling tickets for bus from Hong Kong to Zhengzhou. Each counter is operated by each bus company and there is nearly no difference among them. You can just choose anyone based on your schedule. The bus fare is about 250 HKD per person.
5. Which city is better for transfer if I miss the direct flight from Zhengzhou to Lhasa?
If you miss the flight from Zhengzhou to Lhasa, one good option you have is to take a flight to Chengdu, and then fly to Tibet from Chengdu. There are nearly thirty non-stop flights from Zhengzhou to Chengdu every day, taking around two hours. With so many choices on airlines and flight time, you can choose any as required. On the other hand, as one of the major cities closest to Tibet, Chengdu offers many direct flights to Lhasa. The total time on board from Chengdu to Lhasa is only two hours around. Besides, tourists who would like to visit other sites of Tibet in the first place, like Nyingchi and Shigatse, they can directly fly there from Chengdu, without any transfer in Lhasa.
6. How far is Lhasa Airport from the city?
Lhasa Gonggar Airport is about 65 kilometers southwest of Lhasa city, and there are several ways to get to the downtown. First, you can take the shuttle buses, which always wait right at the exit of the airport, and leave every 30 minutes until 21:30 at night. Upon arrival at the terminus, Lhasa Civil Aviation Bureau on Niangre Road 1, you can take other buses to your hotel. Besides, if you miss the shuttle bus, you can also take a taxi. By this way, you can go anywhere you want in Lhasa city, while the price is much higher as you can possibly imagine.
As a better option, you can use our shuttle service between your hotel and the airport for free, as long as you book your Tibet tour with us. In this case, when you arrive in Lhasa, your tour guide will meet you at the exit and transfer you to the reserved hotel.
Useful Notes on Tibet Flight Travel
1. Necessary documents required to take a flight to/off Tibet
- Chinese Visa is always needed no matter you are taking a flight or a train to Tibet. The office man in the airport will check your Chinese visa when your go to board the plane.
- The Passport will be needed for many situations: booking flight ticket, checking in flight, checking in hotel, checking in the Border Station in Tibet, etc. Make sure your passport is valid and original.
- Original Tibet Travel Permit will be checked when you board your plane at the airports in China.
2. How to book flight ticket?
The flight ticket can be booked at online websites, such as Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip, Qunar, etc. You can also buy the ticket from the airports in China or flight resellers. You are also welcomed to let us book your flight. We are always keeping up with the latest flight news and usually can book the ticket at a cheaper price. During summer and autumn, it is usually difficult to book the flights to Lhasa. While using our booking service, we will not only book the ticket, but also arrange a valuable tour package.
3. When is the best time to fly to Tibet?
Generally speaking, months from April to October are recommended for traveling in Tibet. Other months are usually very cold, and possibly have heavy snow, especially in regions like Mount Everest, Mount Kailash, Namtso Lake, etc. The flights schedules are also more frequent during April to October. During December to March, the airline companies will cut down the flight schedules, usually from daily weekly, even to none. But top cities like Chengdu and Beijing still operate daily flights during the shoulder season. It is recommended to take the morning flight so that you can get to Lhasa before late afternoon, and have enough time to acclimatize yourself to the altitude and thin air in Lhasa. The morning flights also cut down the risk that your flights would be delayed or canceled.
4. Apart from Zhengzhou, where can I also take a flight to Tibet?
Apart from Zhengzhou, you can also fly to Tibet from Chengdu, Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Kunming, Chongqing, Shanggri-la, etc.
5. International flights to Tibet
So far, there is only one international air line connecting Lhasa: Kathmandu – Lhasa. During summer days, there are daily direct flights operated, sometimes two flights and sometimes just one flight. Only Air China and Sichuan Airlines are operating the Kathmandu - Lhasa flights. To take a flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa, one will need a Group Visa and Tibet Travel Permit./p>
6. What else airport I can fly to except for Lhasa Gonggar International Airport?
Tibet has five airports in total. Besides Lhasa Gonggar Airport, you can also take a flight to Shigatse, Nyingchi, Ngari and Qamdo. But only certain cities in China operate flights to these smaller cities.
- Shigatse - there is daily flight flying between Chengdu and Shigatse each day. The airport name is Shigatse Peace Airport, which is about 46km from Shigatse city.
- Nyingchi - Chengdu usually offers 4 morning flights to Nyingchi Mainling Airport. While its neighboring city Chongqing also has 3 morning flights to Nyingchi each day. If you travel from Nyingchi to Lhasa, you are recommended to take a flight to Nyingchi firstly from Chengdu or Chongqing. It is also available to fly out Tibet directly from Nyingchi.
- Qamdo - Both Chongqing and Chengdu operate a daily flight to Qamdo in Tibet. But there are few travelers have chosen this line because Qamdo is not a popular tourist destination in Tibet.
- Ngari - Urumqi (capital of Xinjiang) offers a daily direct flight to Ngari with a stop at Kashgar on every Tuesday and Friday. Taking this flight, passengers need Military Permit and Border Pass as well as Tibet Travel Permit.
7. The regulation on the luggage allowance on the plane
|Luggage Type||First Class||Business Class||Economy Class||Allowed Baggage Size|
|Allowed Carry-on Baggage||5kg * 2 pieces||5kg||5kg||55cm/20cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
|Allowed Free Checked-in Baggage||40kg||30kg||20kg||100cm/60cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
8. Will my kids get a discounted flight ticket?
Kids aging 2 to 12 years old (including 12) will get a discount of 50% of the full price of the flight fare. If an adult take a flight to Lhasa from Shanghai with a child aging at 10 and the full price for the economy class is 2760 CNY, the ticket fare for the child is 1380 CNY. The child also doesn’t have to pay for Airport Construction Fee while the adult has to. Infant under 2 years old only has to pay 10% of the full price, but the separate seat is not provided.
9. How do I collect (receive) the flight ticket?
Since most flight tickets are booked online, so firstly you will receive an e-ticket. You will change a paper ticket when you checking in your flight at a counter in the airport.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- Chengdu to Lhasa Flight
- Beijing to Lhasa Flight
- Xi'an to Lhasa Flight
- Shanghai to Lhasa Flight
- Chongqing to Lhasa Flight
- Kunming to Lhasa Flight
- Guangzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Xining to Lhasa Flight
- Zhengzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Shangri-La to Lhasa Flight
- Lijiang to Lhasa Flight
- Mianyang to Lhasa Flight
- Kangding to Lhasa Flight
- Yushu to Lhasa Flight
- Xiahe to Lhasa Flight
- Urumqi & Kashgar Ngari Flights
- Kathmandu to Lhasa Flight
- Lhasa to Beijing Flight
- Lhasa to Chengdu Flight
- Lhasa to Xi'an Flight