Beijing to Lhasa Flight
Beijing Lhasa Flights - Route, Schedule, Fares, Permit, Ticket Booking 2020
Beijing to Lhasa Flight Map
Beijing Lhasa Flight Brief Facts
Beijing is a metropolis city operating many international flights as well as domestic flights to most cites in China, including Lhasa. With convenient transportation, it is regarded as the best gateway city to Tibet. From Beijing, you can get to Lhasa with a fast and comfortable journey. The non-stop Beijing to Lhasa flights just take about 4.5 hours.
Distance: 1867 miles (3004 km)
Flying Duration: 4~6 hours
Major Airlines: Air China & Tibet Airlines
Frequency: around 3 flights per day
Flight Type： non-stop flights + stopover
Ticket Full Price: 3260 CNY (economy class)
Airports: Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) – Lhasa Gonggar International Airport (LXA)
Beijing Lhasa Flights Schedules
There are three daily flights taking off from Beijing Capital International Airport to Lhasa Gonggar Airport, including two nonstop flights and one flight with a stopover at Chengdu. One nonstop Beijing to Lhasa Flight and the flight with stopover are operated by Air China while another nonstop Beijing to Lhasa flight is operated by Tibet Airlines. The nonstop flights will take you from Beijing to Lhasa within 4.5 hours. It is suggested that you take a morning flight (CA4125) to Lhasa because you can have a half day to acclimatize yourself to the high altitude environment.
Check following table for details about Beijing Lhasa Flight Schedules and fares to decide which to choose.
|Flight No.||Departure -- Arrival||Duration||Frequency||Plane||Ticket|
|4h 20m||SMTWTFS||Airbus A319||
Capital Airport (T3)
|6h 35m||SMTWTFS||Airbus A319||
Tibet Travel Permit and Flight Travel
A Tibet Travel Permit (Tibet Entry Permit) is the MUST-DOCUMENT to take a flight to Tibet. It is firstly needed to book flight at the airport. When you check in and check out the airports, the original Tibet Travel Permit also will be checked. Please remember to duplicate at least 3 copies of Tibet Travel Permit because the permits are required for many occasions. The permit can only be issued in Tibet by the Tibet Tourism Bureau, and also can be only applied by travel agency behalf of travelers. It needs about 15~20 days to obtain the permit.
How to Apply for Tibet Travel Permit
1. Contact us to work out and confirm an itinerary in Tibet;
2. Send us the scanned copies of your passport, and provide an available address in China(hotel or local agency) to receive your permit;
3. We apply for the Tibet Travel Permit from Tibet Tourism Bureau in Lhasa;
4. Once the permit is issued, we will send the original permit to you by post.
>> Learn more detail about Tibet Travel Permit Application
Most Frequently Asked Questions about Beijing Lhasa Flight
1. When is the best time to fly from Beijing to Lhasa?
If you want to buy your Beijing to Lhasa flight at a low price, the best choice is to avoid the high tourist season. For Tibet tours, the most popular time is from April to June and September to October. While the time between July and August, there are still a lot of people rush to Tibet since it is in the summer vacation in China. Therefore, try to plan your Tibet trip in low seasons, like winter, then you can book some discount flights.
2. Which airport should I go for taking the flight to Lhasa in Beijing?
There are about 2 direct flights flying to Lhasa from Beijing every day, and all of them take off at the Beijing Capital International Airport, which is about 25 kilometers away from the Beijing downtown area. You can choose from a variety of ways to transfer to the airport, by subway, taxi, or the airport shuttle bus etc.
3. How to get to my hotel after I arrived in Lhasa Airport?
Lhasa Gonggar Airport is about 65 kilometers southwest of Lhasa city, and there are several ways to get to the downtown. First, you can take the shuttle buses, which always wait right at the exit of the airport, and leave every 30 minutes until 21:30 at night. Upon arrival at the terminus, Lhasa Civil Aviation Bureau on Niangre Road 1, you can take other buses to your hotel. Besides, if you miss the shuttle bus, you can also take a taxi. By this way, you can go anywhere you want in Lhasa city, while the price is much higher as you can possibly imagine.
As a better option, you can use our shuttle service between your hotel and the airport for free, as long as you book your Tibet tour with us. In this case, when you arrive in Lhasa, your tour guide will meet you at the exit and transfer you to the reserved hotel.
4. What are the travel documents required when flying to Lhasa from Beijing?
As a foreign tourist, before boarding your flight to Lhasa from Beijing, you will need to hand your passport, Chinese Visa and the original Tibet Travel Permit for the check. The passport and Chinese Visa are the primary documents required for traveling to China from abroad. And the Tibet Travel Permit, also called Tibet Visa, is the required document for all foreign tourists to enter to Lhasa and travel around Tibet. To avoid the troublesome application procedure, we can help to obtain your Tibet travel permit on behalf of you, please feel free to contact us for details.
5. What is the luggage allowance for flights from Beijing to Lhasa?
Each piece of the check-in luggage should be no more than 32kg within the volume of 40x60x100cm. The free luggage allowance is 40kg for first class, 30 kg for business class, and 20 kg for economic class. It is suggested to attach your personal name or make a special mark on your luggage, so that it will be easier to find it when disembarking. Besides, the carry-on baggage should be within the volume of 20x40x55cm. Each first-class passenger can carry two pieces of baggage on board, with the weight no more than 8kg per piece. While business or economic passenger can carry one piece of baggage per person, with the weight no more than 5kg per piece.
|Luggage Type||First Class||Business Class||Economy Class||Allowed Baggage Size|
|Allowed Carry-on Baggage||5kg * 2 pieces||5kg||5kg||55cm/20cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
|Allowed Checked-in Baggage||40kg||30kg||20kg||100cm/60cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
Useful Notes on Tibet Flight Travel
1. Necessary documents required to take a flight to/off Tibet
- Chinese visa is always needed no matter you are taking a flight or a train to Tibet. The office man in the airport will check your Chinese visa when your go to board the plane.
- The passport will be needed for many situations: booking flight ticket, checking in flight, checking in hotel, checking in the Border Station in Tibet, etc. Make sure your passport is valid and original.
- Original Tibet Travel Permit will be checked when you board your plane at the airports in China.
2. How to book flight ticket?
The flight ticket can be booked at online websites, such as Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip, Qunar, etc. You can also buy the ticket from the airports in China or flight resellers. You are also welcomed to let us book your flight. We are always keeping up with the latest flight news and usually can book the ticket at a cheaper price. During summer and autumn, it is usuall difficult to book the flights to Lhasa. While using our booking service, we will not only book the ticket, but also arrange a valuable tour package.
3. When is the best time to fly to Tibet?
Generally speaking, months from April to October are recommended for traveling in Tibet. Other months are usually very cold, and possibly have heavy snow, especially in regions like Mount Everest, Mount Kailash, Namtso Lake, etc. The flights schedules are also more frequent during April to October. During December to March, the airline companies will cut down the flight schedules, usually from daily weekly, even to none. But top cities like Chengdu and Xian still operate daily flights during the shoulder season. It is recommended to take the morning flight so that you can get to Lhasa before late afternoon, and have enough time to acclimatize yourself to the altitude and thin air in Lhasa. The morning flights also cut down the risk that your flights would be delayed or canceled.
4. Apart from Beijing, where can I also take a flight to Tibet?
Apart Beijing, you can also fly to Tibet from Chengdu, Xian, Chongqing, Kunming, Shanghai, Shanggri-la etc.
5. International flights to Tibet
So far, there is only one international air line connecting Lhasa: Kathmandu – Lhasa. During summer days, there are daily direct flights operated, sometimes two flights and sometimes just one flight. Only Air China and Sichuan Airlines are operating the Kathmandu - Lhasa flights. To take a flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa, one will need a Group Visa and Tibet Travel Permit.
6. What else airport I can fly to except for Lhasa Gonggar International Airport?
Tibet has five airports in total. Besides Lhasa Gonggar Airport, you can also take a flight to Shigatse, Nyingchi, Ngari and Qamdo. But only certain cities in China operate flights to these smaller cities.
- Shigatse - there is daily flight flying between Chengdu and Shigatse each day. The airport name is Shigatse Peace Airport, which is about 46km from Shigatse city.
- Nyingchi - Chengdu usually offers 4 morning flights to Nyingchi Milin Airport. While its neighboring city Chongqing also has 3 morning flights to Nyingchi each day. If you travel from Nyingchi to Lhasa, you are recommended to take a flight to Nyingchi firstly from Chengdu or Chongqing. It is also available to fly out Tibet directly from Nyingchi.
- Qamdo - Both Chongqing and Chengdu operate a daily flight to Qamdo in Tibet. But there are few travelers have chosen this line because Qamdo is not a popular tourist destination in Tibet.
- Ngari - Urumqi (capital of Xinjiang) offers a daily direct flight to Ngari with a stop at Kashgar on every Tuesday and Friday. Taking this flight, passengers need Military Permit and Border Pass as well as Tibet Travel Permit.
7. Will my kids get a discounted flight ticket?
Kids aging 2 to 12 years old (including 12) will get a discount of 50% of the full price of the flight fare. If an adult take a flight to Lhasa from Beijing with a child aging at 10 and the full price for the economy class is 3260 CNY, the ticket fare for the child is 1630 CNY. The child also doesn’t have to pay for Airport Construction Fee while the adult has to. Infant under 2 years old only has to pay 10% of the full price, but the separate seat is not provided.
8. How do I collect (receive) the flight ticket?
Since most flight tickets are booked online, so firstly you will receive an e-ticket. You will change a paper ticket when you checking in your flight at a counter in the airport.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- Chengdu to Lhasa Flight
- Beijing to Lhasa Flight
- Xi'an to Lhasa Flight
- Shanghai to Lhasa Flight
- Chongqing to Lhasa Flight
- Kunming to Lhasa Flight
- Guangzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Xining to Lhasa Flight
- Zhengzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Shangri-La to Lhasa Flight
- Lijiang to Lhasa Flight
- Mianyang to Lhasa Flight
- Kangding to Lhasa Flight
- Yushu to Lhasa Flight
- Xiahe to Lhasa Flight
- Urumqi & Kashgar Ngari Flights
- Kathmandu to Lhasa Flight
- Lhasa to Beijing Flight
- Lhasa to Chengdu Flight
- Lhasa to Xi'an Flight