Yushu to Lhasa Flight
Yushu Lhasa Flights - Route, Schedule, Fares, Permit, Ticket Booking 2020/2021
Yushu to Lhasa Flight
Yushu Lhasa Flight Brief Facts
There are 3 to 6 flights from Yushu of Qinghai to Lhasa Tibet per day. The only 1 non-stop flight executed by China Eastern Airlines flies on every Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun. Located in Southwest Qinghai Province, Yushu has direct flights to Lhasa, Chengdu, Beijing, Xian and Xining. It’s a good choice of connecting your Qinghai tour and Lhasa Tibet tour in Yushu. You can experience the Tibetan culture and enjoy the different scenery in Yushu.
Distance: about 437miles (704km)
Flying Duration: less 2 hours 25 mins
Major Airlines: China Eastern Airlines
Frequency: around 3-6 flights per day
Flight Type: connecting flights (mostly)
Ticket Full Price: 1010 CNY (economy class)
Airports: Yushu Batang Airport (YUS) – Lhasa Gonggar International Airport (LXA)
Yushu Lhasa Flights Schedules, Airlines and Fares
Totally, there are around 3 to 6 flights from Yushu to Lhasa regularly. The only 1 nonstop flight operated by China Eastern Airlines runs four days every week, no flights are scheduled on each Tus, Thu and Sat. Tourist will just spend 1h 25mins on flying to Lhasa Tibet. Nearly all the connecting flights need to transfer in main hub airports in Chengdu or Xian, and some flights will arrive in Lhasa in the late evening, even the second day.
Yushu to Lhasa Flights Timetable
The non-stop flight MU5281 of China Eastern Airlines departs in the morning and lands about 1h 25mins later. Scheduled date is good for your rest and acclimation to high altitude sickness. Spare enough time to sleep, packing and transport to the Yushu Airport. You can have your breakfast before boarding or take some snacks, enjoy your lunch after landing in Lhasa.
|Flight No.||Departure -- Arrival||Duration||Frequency||Plane||Ticket|
China Eastern Airlines
Yushu Batang Airport
Lhasa Gonggar Airport
|1h 25m||SM-W-F-||Airbus A319||
Tibet Travel Permit and Flight Travel
A Tibet Travel Permit (Tibet Entry Permit) is the MUST-DOCUMENT to take a flight to Tibet. It is firstly needed to book flight from the airport or ticket agent. When you check in and check out the airports, the original Tibet Travel Permit also will be checked. (Note: if you take flight to Lhasa from Kathmandu, you only have to have the scanned copy of Tibet Travel Permit.) Please remember to duplicate at least 3 copies of Tibet Travel Permit because the permits are required for many occasions. The permit can only be issued in Tibet by the Tibet Tourism Bureau, and also can be only applied by travel agency behalf of travelers. It needs about 15~20 days to obtain the permit.
How to Apply for Tibet Travel Permit
1. Contact us to work out and confirm an itinerary in Tibet;
2. Send us the scanned copies of your passport, and provide an available address in China(hotel or local agency) to receive your permit;
3. We apply for the Tibet Travel Permit from Tibet Tourism Bureau in Lhasa;
4. Once the permit is issued, we will send the original permit to you by post.
>> Learn more detail about Tibet Travel Permit Application
Useful Notes on Tibet Flight Travel
1. Necessary documents required to take a flight to/off Tibet
- Chinese visa is always needed no matter you are taking a flight or a train to Tibet. The office man in the airport will check your Chinese visa when your go to board the plane.
- The passport will be needed for many situations: booking flight ticket, checking in flight, checking in hotel, checking in the Border Station in Tibet, etc. Make sure your passport is valid and original.
- Original Tibet Travel Permit is required to board the plane.
2. How to book flight ticket?
The flight ticket can be booked at online websites, such as Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip, Qunar, etc. You can also buy the ticket from the airports in China or flight re-sellers. You are also welcomed to let us book your flight. We are always keeping up with the latest flight news and usually can book the ticket at a cheaper price. During summer and autumn, it usually gets difficult to book the flights to Lhasa. While using our booking service, we will not only book the ticket, but also arrange a valuable tour package.
3. When is the best time to fly to Tibet?
Generally speaking, months from April to October are recommended for traveling in Tibet. Other months are usually very cold, and possibly have heavy snow, especially in regions like Mount Everest, Mount Kailash, Namtso Lake, etc. The flights schedules are also more frequent during April to October. During December to March, the airline companies will cut down the flight schedules, usually from daily weekly, even to none. But top cities like Chengdu and Xian still operate daily flights during the shoulder season. It is recommended to take the morning flight so that you can get to Lhasa before late afternoon, and have enough time to acclimatize yourself to the altitude and thin air in Lhasa. The morning flights also cut down the risk that your flights would be delayed or canceled.
4. Apart from Yushu (玉树), where can I also take a flight to Tibet?
Apart from Yushu, you can also fly to Tibet from Beijing, Chengdu, Xian, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chongqing, Kunming, Shanggri-la, Xining, etc.
5. International flights to Lhasa
So far, there is only one international air line connecting Lhasa: Kathmandu – Lhasa. During summer days, there are daily direct flights operated, sometimes two flights and sometimes just one flight. Only Air China and Sichuan Airlines are operating the Kathmandu - Lhasa flights. To take a flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa, one will need a a Group Visa, Tibet Travel Permit and Tibet Border Pass.
6. What else airport I can fly to except for Lhasa Gonggar International Airport?
Tibet has five airports in total. Besides Lhasa Gonggar Airport, you can also take a flight to Shigatse, Nyingchi, Ngari and Qamdo. But only certain cities in China operate flights to these smaller cities.
- Shigatse - there is daily flight flying between Chengdu and Shigatse each day. The airport name is Shigatse Peace Airport, which is about 46km from Shigatse city.
- Nyingchi - Chengdu usually offers 4 morning flights to Nyingchi Mainling Airport. While its neighboring city Chongqing also has 3 morning flights to Nyingchi each day. If you travel from Nyingchi to Lhasa, you are recommended to take a flight to Nyingchi firstly from Chengdu or Chongqing. It is also available to fly out Tibet directly from Nyingchi.
- Qamdo - Both Chongqing and Chengdu operate a daily flight to Qamdo in Tibet. But there are few travelers have chosen this line because Qamdo is not a popular tourist destination in Tibet.
- Ngari - Urumqi (capital of Xinjiang) offers a daily direct flight to Ngari with a stop at Kashgar on every Tuesday and Friday. Taking this flight, passengers need Military Permit and Border Pass as well as Tibet Travel Permit.
7. The regulation on the luggage allowance on the plane
|Luggage Type||First Class||Business Class||Economy Class||Allowed Baggage Size|
|Allowed Carry-on Baggage||5kg * 2 pieces||5kg||5kg||55cm/20cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
|Allowed Free Checked-in Baggage||40kg||30kg||20kg||100cm/60cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
8. Will my kids get a discounted flight ticket?
Kids aging 2 to 12 years old (including 12) will get a discount of 50% of the full price of the flight fare. If an adult take a flight to Lhasa from Yushu with a child aging at 10 and the full price for the economy class is 1010 CNY, the ticket fare for the child is 1505 CNY. The child also doesn’t have to pay for Airport Construction Fee while the adult has to. Infant under 2 years old only has to pay 10% of the full price, but the separate seat is not provided.
9. How do I collect (receive) the flight ticket?
Since most flight tickets are booked online, so firstly you will receive an e-ticket. You will change a paper ticket when you checking in your flight at a counter in the airport.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- Chengdu to Lhasa Flight
- Beijing to Lhasa Flight
- Xi'an to Lhasa Flight
- Shanghai to Lhasa Flight
- Chongqing to Lhasa Flight
- Kunming to Lhasa Flight
- Guangzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Xining to Lhasa Flight
- Zhengzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Shangri-La to Lhasa Flight
- Lijiang to Lhasa Flight
- Mianyang to Lhasa Flight
- Kangding to Lhasa Flight
- Yushu to Lhasa Flight
- Xiahe to Lhasa Flight
- Urumqi & Kashgar Ngari Flights
- Kathmandu to Lhasa Flight
- Lhasa to Beijing Flight
- Lhasa to Chengdu Flight
- Lhasa to Xi'an Flight