Urumqi & Kashgar Ngari Flights
Urumqi Kashgar Ngari Flights - Route, Schedule, Fares, Permit, Ticket Booking 2020/2021
Urumqi Kashgar Ngari Flight Brief Facts
Xiahe Lhasa Flight Brief Facts
Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, is a cultural, political and commercial center. It is connected with Ngari by a direct flight with a stopover at Kashgar operated by Lucky Air. Urumqi Ngari Flight is the only flight from Xinjiang to Tibet. It takes 4 hours and 10 minutes over a distance of 1462km.
Distance: about 908 miles (1462 km)
Flying Duration: 4 hours 10 minutes
Major Airlines: Lucky Air
Frequency: 1~2 flight per week
Flight Type: stopover
Ticket Full Price: 2590 CNY (economy class)
Airports: Urumqi Diwopu International Airport (URC) – Kashgar Airport (KHG) - Ngari Kunsha Airport (NGQ)
Urumqi and Kashgar Ngari Flights Schedules
There are two flights between Urumqi and Ngari via Kashgari, one is 8L9681 from Urumqi Diwopu International Airport to Nagri Gunsa Airport and the other is 8L9682 in the opposite direction. It takes 1 hours and 55 minutes to get to Kashgar from Urmqi, and it takes 1.5 hours to Ngari after 45 minutes’ stop at Kashgari. The whole journey takes about 4 hours and 10 minutes. The two flights are operated by Lucky Air.
Check following table for details about Urumqi Ngari Flight schedules and fares to decide which to choose.
Urumqi to Ngari Flight
|Flight No.||Departure -- Arrival||Duration||Frequency||Plane||Ticket|
Diwopu Airport (T1)
|4h 10m||- - T - - F -||Boeing 737||
Tibet Travel Permit and Flight Travel
A Tibet Travel Permit (Tibet Entry Permit) is the MUST-DOCUMENT to take a flight to Tibet. It is firstly needed to book flight from the airport or ticket agent. When you check in and check out the airports, the original Tibet Travel Permit also will be checked. (Note: if you take flight to Lhasa from Kathmandu, you only have to have the scanned copy of Tibet Travel Permit.) Please remember to duplicate at least 3 copies of Tibet Travel Permit because the permits are required for many occasions. The permit can only be issued in Tibet by the Tibet Tourism Bureau, and also can be only applied by travel agency behalf of travelers. It needs about 15~20 days to obtain the permit.
How to Apply for Tibet Travel Permit
1. Contact us to work out and confirm an itinerary in Tibet;
2. Send us the scanned copies of your passport, and provide an available address in China(hotel or local agency) to receive your permit;
3. We apply for the Tibet Travel Permit from Tibet Tourism Bureau in Lhasa;
4. Once the permit is issued, we will send the original permit to you by post.
>> Learn more detail about Tibet Travel Permit Application
Most Xinjiang Tibet Flight Travel Ideas
Before Ngari Gunsa Airport was opened, it was rather time-consuming and tired to have an Urumqi Ngari tour. Tourists have to take a connected flight to Lhasa from Urumqi with a transfer in mainland China and then drive at least two days from Lhasa to Ngari. After your Ngari tour, you have to drive back to Lhasa again and leave for your next destination. With the Urumqi Ngari Flight, the Xinjiang Tibet tour becomes much easier. There have two ideas to plan a Xinjiang Tibet Flight.
Route One: Urumqi – Ngari – Lhasa
You can take a direct flight from Urumqi to Ngari first. It is recommended to spend four days on a kora around Mount Kailash and a visit to the holy Lake Manasarovar. Then drive to Lhasa via Shigatse. With a stay in Shigastse, you could visit Tashilhunpo Monastery – the former site of Panchen Lama. After your Lhasa City tour, you could fly to other destination in China, like Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Xian etc. You can also leave for Kathmandu directly by flight from Lhasa.
Note: This route is for those tourists who have experience on traveling in high plateau and are always free from High Altitude Sickness.
Route Two: Lhasa – Ngari – Urumqi
This tour is suitable for everybody. You can get to Lhasa easily from the mainland cities by flight or train. Then drive to Ngari via Shigatse. After that, have a Ngari tour and leave for Urumqi by flight. The average altitude of Lhasa is just 3565m and you will have several days to acclimatitze yourself the higher altitude gradually.
Useful Notes on Tibet Flight Travel
1. Necessary documents required to take a flight to/off Tibet
- Chinese visa is always needed no matter you are taking a flight or a train to Tibet. The office man in the airport will check your Chinese visa when your go to board the plane.
- The passport will be needed for many situations: booking flight ticket, checking in flight, checking in hotel, checking in the Border Station in Tibet, etc. Make sure your passport is valid and original.
- Original Tibet Travel Permit is required to board the plane.
2. How to book flight ticket?
The flight ticket can be booked at online websites, such as Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip, Qunar, etc. You can also buy the ticket from the airports in China or flight re-sellers. You are also welcomed to let us book your flight. We are always keeping up with the latest flight news and usually can book the ticket at a cheaper price. During summer and autumn, it usually gets difficult to book the flights to Lhasa. While using our booking service, we will not only book the ticket, but also arrange a valuable tour package.
3. When is the best time to fly to Tibet?
Generally speaking, months from April to October are recommended for traveling in Tibet. Other months are usually very cold, and possibly have heavy snow, especially in regions like Mount Everest, Mount Kailash, Namtso Lake, etc. The flights schedules are also more frequent during April to October. During December to March, the airline companies will cut down the flight schedules, usually from daily weekly, even to none. But top cities like Chengdu and Xian still operate daily flights during the shoulder season. It is recommended to take the morning flight so that you can get to Lhasa before late afternoon, and have enough time to acclimatize yourself to the altitude and thin air in Lhasa. The morning flights also cut down the risk that your flights would be delayed or canceled.
4. Apart from Urumqi, where can I also take a flight to Tibet?
Apart from Urumqi, you can also fly to Tibet from Chengdu, Beijing, Xian, Shanghai Chongqing, Kunming, Xining, Guangzhou, Shanggri-La etc.
5. International flights to Lhasa
So far, there is only one international air line connecting Lhasa: Kathmandu – Lhasa. During summer days, there are daily direct flights operated, sometimes two flights and sometimes just one flight. Only Air China and Sichuan Airlines are operating the Kathmandu - Lhasa flights. To take a flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa, one will need a a Group Visa, Tibet Travel Permit and Tibet Border Pass.
6. What else airport I can fly to except for Lhasa Gonggar International Airport?
Tibet has five airports in total. Besides Lhasa Gonggar Airport, you can also take a flight to Shigatse, Nyingchi, Ngari and Qamdo. But only certain cities in China operate flights to these smaller cities.
- Shigatse - there is daily flight flying between Chengdu and Shigatse each day. The airport name is Shigatse Peace Airport, which is about 46km from Shigatse city.
- Nyingchi - Chengdu usually offers 4 morning flights to Nyingchi Mainling Airport. While its neighboring city Chongqing also has 3 morning flights to Nyingchi each day. If you travel from Nyingchi to Lhasa, you are recommended to take a flight to Nyingchi firstly from Chengdu or Chongqing. It is also available to fly out Tibet directly from Nyingchi.
- Qamdo - Both Chongqing and Chengdu operate a daily flight to Qamdo in Tibet. But there are few travelers have chosen this line because Qamdo is not a popular tourist destination in Tibet.
- Ngari - Urumqi (capital of Xinjiang) offers a daily direct flight to Ngari with a stop at Kashgar on every Tuesday and Friday. Taking this flight, passengers need Military Permit and Border Pass as well as Tibet Travel Permit.
7. The regulation on the luggage allowance on the plane
|Luggage Type||First Class||Business Class||Economy Class||Allowed Baggage Size|
|Allowed Carry-on Baggage||5kg * 2 pieces||5kg||5kg||55cm/20cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
|Allowed Free Checked-in Baggage||40kg||30kg||20kg||100cm/60cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
8. Will my kids get a discounted flight ticket?
Kids aging 2 to 12 years old (including 12) will get a discount of 50% of the full price of the flight fare. If an adult take a flight to Lhasa from Xiahe with a child aging at 10 and the full price for the economy class is 2590 CNY, the ticket fare for the child is 1295 CNY. The child also doesn’t have to pay for Airport Construction Fee while the adult has to. Infant under 2 years old only has to pay 10% of the full price, but the separate seat is not provided.
9. How do I collect (receive) the flight ticket?
Since most flight tickets are booked online, so firstly you will receive an e-ticket. You will change a paper ticket when you checking in your flight at a counter in the airport.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- Chengdu to Lhasa Flight
- Beijing to Lhasa Flight
- Xi'an to Lhasa Flight
- Shanghai to Lhasa Flight
- Chongqing to Lhasa Flight
- Kunming to Lhasa Flight
- Guangzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Xining to Lhasa Flight
- Zhengzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Shangri-La to Lhasa Flight
- Lijiang to Lhasa Flight
- Mianyang to Lhasa Flight
- Kangding to Lhasa Flight
- Yushu to Lhasa Flight
- Xiahe to Lhasa Flight
- Urumqi & Kashgar Ngari Flights
- Kathmandu to Lhasa Flight
- Lhasa to Beijing Flight
- Lhasa to Chengdu Flight
- Lhasa to Xi'an Flight