Lhasa to Kunming Flight
Lhasa Kunming Flights - Route, Schedule, Fares, Cost Price, Ticket Booking 2020/2021
Lhasa to Kunming Flight Map
About Lhasa Gonggar International Airport
Lhasa Gonggar International Airport (LXA) is the largest and most important airport in Tibet Autonomous Region. In 2016, the airport has greeted more than 3 million passengers, most of whom are travelers, including thousands of foreigner travelers. The airport is about 62 kilometers (39 mi) southwest of the city in Gonggar County of Shannan, and . The airport is one of the highest airports in the world with an elevation of 3,570 meters (11,710 ft). Airbus A340 and Boeing 757 aircrafts are allowed to park in the airport.
Distance: 1220miles (1963km)
Flying Duration: about 3-5 hrs
Major Airlines: China Eastern Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Tibet Airlines
Frequency: 4 non-stop flights every day
Flight Type: non-stop flights
Ticket Full Price: 2260 CNY (economy class)
Airports: Lhasa Gonggar International Airport (LXA) – Kunming Changshui International Airport (KMG)
Lhasa Kunming Flights Schedules
Kunming Changshui International Airport has 4 daily round-trip flights scheduled from 7:30 am to 20:15 pm. the Lhasa Kunming Flight ticket is cheaper than Beijing and eastern cities, but more expensive than Chengdu and Chongqing. You can start your China Tour from Yunnan after Tibet tour or fly back to your home country once the international routes can reach.
Lhasa to Kunming Flights Timetable
Nearly all the 4 return flights are in the afternoon except the one that leaves Lhasa at 11:00 am operated by Tibet Airlines. The earlier 2 flights of Sichuan Airlines and China Eastern Airlines will have a stopover in Lijiang / Diqing Shangri-La, spending around 4 hours in total. Other two flights schedule is non-stop flying taking less than 2.5hrs.
|Flight No.||Departure -- Arrival||Duration||Frequency||Plane||Ticket|
|2h 25m||SMTWTFS||Airbus A319||
|3h 35m||SMTWTFS||Airbus A330||
|3h 40m||SMTWTFS||Boeing 737||
|2h 20m||SMTWTFS||Boeing 737||
1. Above flight schedules and fares are only for reference, please contact us to catch up on the latest information. But we usually will keep them updated;
2. The airlines companies usually will cut down the flight schedules during winter and spring seasons. There may be no daily flight in some months.
Our top Kunming Lhasa Tours:
Useful Notes on Tibet Flight Travel
1. How to book flight ticket?
The flight ticket can be booked at online websites, such as Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip, Qunar, etc. You can also buy the ticket from the airports in China or flight resellers. You are also welcomed to let us book your flight. We are always keeping up with the latest flight news and usually can book the ticket at a cheaper price. During summer and autumn, it is usuall difficult to book the flights to Lhasa. While using our booking service, we will not only book the ticket, but also arrange a valuable tour package.
2. Apart from Kunming, where can I flee?
Apart from Kunming, you can fly to Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Shangri-la etc.
3. International flights from Tibet
So far, there is only one international air line connecting Lhasa: Lhasa - Kathmandu. During summer days, there are daily direct flights operated, sometimes two flights and sometimes just one flight. Only Air China and Sichuan Airlines are operating the Lhasa - Kathmandu flights. To take a flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu.
4. What else airport, apart Lhasa Gonggar International Airport?
Tibet has five airports in total. Besides Lhasa Gonggar Airport, you can also take a flight to Shigatse, Nyingchi, Ngari and Qamdo. But only certain cities in China operate flights to these smaller cities.
- Shigatse - there is daily flight flying between Kunming and Shigatse each day. The airport name is Shigatse Peace Airport, which is about 46km from Shigatse city.
- Nyingchi - Chengdu stopver Kunming usually offers 4 morning flights to Nyingchi Milin Airport. While its neighboring city Chongqing also has 3 morning flights to Nyingchi each day. If you travel from Nyingchi to Lhasa, you are recommended to take a flight to Nyingchi firstly from Kunming or Chongqing. It is also available to fly out Tibet directly from Nyingchi.
- Qamdo - Both Chongqing and Kunming operate a daily flight to Qamdo in Tibet. But there are few travelers have chosen this line because Qamdo is not a popular tourist destination in Tibet.
- Ngari - Urumqi (capital of Xinjiang) offers a daily direct flight to Ngari with a stop at Kashgar on every Tuesday and Friday. Taking this flight, passengers need Military Permit and Border Pass as well as Tibet Travel Permit.
5. The regulation on the luggage allowance on the plane
|Luggage Type||First Class||Business Class||Economy Class||Allowed Baggage Size|
|Allowed Carry-on Baggage||5kg * 2 pieces||5kg||5kg||55cm/20cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
|Allowed Checked-in Baggage||40kg||30kg||20kg||100cm/60cm/40cm(L/B/H)|
6. Will my kids get a discounted flight ticket?
Kids aging 2 to 12 years old (including 12) will get a discount of 50% of the full price of the flight fare. If an adult take a flight to Kunming from Lhasa with a child aging at 10 and the full price for the economy class is 2260 CNY, the ticket fare for the child is 1130 CNY. The child also doesn’t have to pay for Airport Construction Fee while the adult has to. Infant under 2 years old only has to pay 10% of the full price, but the separate seat is not provided.
7. How do I collect (receive) the flight ticket?
Since most flight tickets are booked online, so firstly you will receive an e-ticket. You will change a paper ticket when you checking in your flight at a counter in the airport.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Kailash Manasarovar Travel Guide
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- Chengdu to Lhasa Flight
- Beijing to Lhasa Flight
- Xi'an to Lhasa Flight
- Shanghai to Lhasa Flight
- Chongqing to Lhasa Flight
- Kunming to Lhasa Flight
- Guangzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Xining to Lhasa Flight
- Zhengzhou to Lhasa Flight
- Shangri-La to Lhasa Flight
- Lijiang to Lhasa Flight
- Mianyang to Lhasa Flight
- Kangding to Lhasa Flight
- Yushu to Lhasa Flight
- Xiahe to Lhasa Flight
- Urumqi & Kashgar Ngari Flights
- Kathmandu to Lhasa Flight
- Lhasa to Beijing Flight
- Lhasa to Chengdu Flight
- Lhasa to Xi'an Flight