Tibet Railway in good condition in 3 years
More than 95 percent of the Qinghai-Tibet Railway has been in good condition since it opened to traffic in July, 2006, according to China National Radio.
Furthermore, 98 percent of the 1,142-km section between Golmud in Qinghai Province and Tibet's capital of Lhasa has been in stable condition.
The Qinghai-Tibet Railway, the highest in the whole world, traverses the places with the harshest conditions.
To protect the environment along the railway, electrical energy, solar energy and other clean energies have been used widely.
All the wastewater and garbage on the trains are disposed of in designated sites so as to meet the zero-pollutant discharge target along the railway.
Meanwhile, education in environmental protection has been carried out for the railway maintainers, who have been instructed not to disturb the migration of wild animals in their worktime.
No serious environment-damaging cases have ever been reported in the past three years.
Moreover, the operation of the railway has contributed a great deal to the development of Qinghai and Tibet. The railway transported 5.41 million passengers and 28.84 million tons of cargo in 2009.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Kailash Manasarovar Travel Guide
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- Boosting tourism and protecting environment
- China to wrap up Tibet railway extension line
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway reaches new high in transportation
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway achieves zero garbage emission
- Tibet Railway in good condition in 3 years
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway not to be affected by global warming
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway sets record speed
- Environment-friendly sky-high road
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway wins special award
- Qinghai-Tibet railway to get six new lines
- During National Day Holiday of 2006, trains from Shanghai and Guangzhou headed for Lhasa
- Brief Introduction of Tibet Train
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway Ticket Price