Qinghai-Tibet Railway achieves zero garbage emission
The world's longest plateau railroad,China's Qinghai-Tibet Railway, has achieved zero garbage emissions since its start of operation on July 1, 2006.
"More than 180,000 tonnes of garbage was generated by its passengers in four years but all of it was classified and treated properly," said Li Li, a senior official with the Qinghai-Tibet Railway Corporation.
"TPotala Palace, Tibet Train Travelhree garbage disposal stations are located along the railway, namely in Xining City and Golmud City, both in northwest China's Qinghai Province and Tibet' s capital Lhasa. There are a total of 21 vacuum sewage suction trucks at the three stations that collect the garbage and sewage generated on the trains day and night," Li added.
Gao Zhantao from the Golmud garbage disposal station said, "We send the garbage and sewage to local parks to be utilised as fertilizer for flowers and trees."
Li said the railway company has been doing this to protect the plateau environment along the railroad.
The Qinghai-Tibet Railway stretches 1,956 kilometers from Qinghai's provincial capital of Xining to Lhasa. The section of 814 km from Xining to Golmud began operation in 1984 and the construction on the Golmud-Lhasa section started on June 29, 2001.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- Boosting tourism and protecting environment
- China to wrap up Tibet railway extension line
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway reaches new high in transportation
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway achieves zero garbage emission
- Tibet Railway in good condition in 3 years
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway not to be affected by global warming
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway sets record speed
- Environment-friendly sky-high road
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway wins special award
- Qinghai-Tibet railway to get six new lines
- During National Day Holiday of 2006, trains from Shanghai and Guangzhou headed for Lhasa
- Brief Introduction of Tibet Train
- Qinghai-Tibet Railway Ticket Price