Tibet Military Permit
Military Permit– Needed for Nyingchi & Ngari Regions
Visiting the unopened area only with the TTB permit is not enough. Military Permit is additional needed if your itinerary included some military sensitive places, including Ngari (Mt. Kailash, Lake Manasarovar, etc), Nyingchi (Pomi, Rawu, etc.) and some remote places in Shannan area.
Military Permit Simple
Areas Require Military Permit
Ngari: all the places you will visit such as Mt. Kailash, Lake Manasorovar etc.
Nyingchi: all the places you will visit such as Draksumtso, Pomi etc.
Chamdo: all the places you will visit such as Chamdo, Riwoche etc.
Note: If you take a flight to Ngari from Lhasa, Urumqi or Kashgar, you will have to have Tibet Military Permit. Overlanding trip from Sichuan, Yunnan, Xinjiang or Qinghai to Tibet also require Tibet Military Permit.
How to apply for it?
Issued by the Military office in Lhasa, this permit is applied through travel agency before you entering Tibet. Due to a long procedure to get approved, you should provide your scanning copy of valid passport and visa 20 days before leaving for Tibet, if you are planning to travel any of those areas.
about Tibet Travel Permit FAQs
1. Why need permit to travel Tibet?
Tibet as one part of China has unique political climate making it different from the rest regions. Therefore, a valid passport and Chinese Visa are no enough to visit Tibet. And a package of Tibet Travel Permits is needed for foreigners to visit here.
2. Who needs Tibet Travel Permit?
Only foreign passport holders (including overseas Chinese without Chinese Passport) and visitors from Taiwan to Tibet need to apply for a visa, citizens of the mainland and SAR passport holders from Hong Kong and Macao do not need to apply. Note: Diplomats, Journalists, professional media photographer and government officials are not able to visit Tibet as Tourists and also can’t issue their Tibet permit through ordinary travel agencies.
3. Can I obtain my Tibet Permits on arrival of Tibet?
Most of permits for travel to Tibet must be obtained before enter Tibet, excepting the Aliens’ Tourist Permit (PSB permit). For instance the Tibet Entry Permit (TTB permit), there are check points sited on airports and train stations to check this permit before you getting aboard to Tibet. Without a TTB permit, you can never catch your train/flight heading to Tibet. Also If enter a restricted area without the proper permit, you can be fined, detained and deported.
4. How to apply for Tibet Travel Permit?
By visiting Tibet, foreigners need to book a Tibet tour with travel agency, who will help you to apply for Tibet Permits and other tour service provided. All you need to do are sending your scanning copy of your valid passport and Chinese visa 10-15 days before your visit, with personal info attached, including your name, nationality, passport number, sex, date of birth, occupation, etc. With all truly necessary documents supplied to us by email, we’ll offer you all-in-one Tibet Tour without worries.
5. How long can I get the Tibet Travel Permit?
Generally it takes three days to approve a TTB permit with completed documents. And if your itinerary including Everest Base Camp, Mt. Kailash or Nyingchi Prefecture, the time to get approved will be extend a couple of days. When you get the permits, it may take another 2-4 days to express delivery. With more details, please check Tibet Permit FAQs.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Kailash Manasarovar Travel Guide
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- Tibet Travel Permit FREE of Charge
- 2024 & 2025 Latest Tibet Travel Permit Information
- Tibet Visa for Indian Citizens
- How to Get Tibet Permit in Chengdu
- Tibet Travel Permit Without Tour
- How to Get Tibet Permit in China
- Permit to Visit Mount Everest
- Is there any age-limit on Tibet permits
- Tibet Visa for Indian Passport
- Chinese Visa for Tibet
- How to Apply for Chinese Visa for Tibet Travel?
- Tibet Group Visa & Tibet Travel Permit from Nepal
- Tibet travel permit matters needing attention
- How to apply for Tibet permit 2024
- How Can I Extend My China Visa
- Apply for Tibet Visa from Nepal
- Tibet Travel Permit FAQs
- Tibet travel permit cost
- Tibet Permit Without Tour
- What is Tibet Permit