How to Apply for Chinese Visa for Tibet Travel?
Generally speaking, Chinese visa should be applied through a Chinese Embassy in your home country or in a third country. If you enter Tibet from Mainland China, DO NOT list Tibet as the travel destination when filling the application form. Otherwise, you might be rejected. It is wise to list cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Chengdu as your travel destination.
If you enter Tibet from Nepal, it is not necessary to apply for the Chinese visa in your home country because you need to apply for the visa through Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. Whether you've already got Chinese visa in your country or not, you must get a new one in Kathmandu, which is regulated in an official memo between China and Nepal. Once you get Chinese visa in Nepal, your visa obtained before becomes invalid automatically.
All individuals entering China must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months for a single or double entry visa and at least nine months for a multiple entry visa.
Obtaining a Chinese visa is the first step. One should also apply to the government of TAR for Tibet travel permit. Purposes of visiting Tibet vary according to different people, some for travelling, some for pilgrimage, some for interview, some for study, some for business, some for charity and some for visiting friends. They need to provide different application documents to different agencies and departments.
Tourists should provide necessary documents to a Tibet travel agency to apply for Tibet Travel Permit. Only when they get the permit, are they allowed to visit Tibet by train or by flight. See detailed application information at Apply for Tibet Visa for Travel, Permit to Visit Tibet.
About Where to Apply for Chinese Visa for Tibet, Please See Details at Chinese Embassies and Chinese Consulates General
Get Tibet Permit before Chinese Visa
Tourist just needs to hand in their travel itinerary and Passport through Tibet Vista to Tibet Tourism Bureau to apply for Permit and a Visa invitation letter. Then go to Chinese embassy to apply for Chinese Visa by themselves with these two documents.
Can I go to Tibet with a Chinese visa?
If you are planning to travel to Tibet, one of the first things you will need is a Chinese Tourist Visa. After that, you can have a travel agency apply for your Tibet Travel Permit (a Tibet Visa does not exist as Tibet is part of China).
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Kailash Manasarovar Travel Guide
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours
- You might like
- Tibet Travel Permit FREE of Charge
- 2024 & 2025 Latest Tibet Travel Permit Information
- Tibet Visa for Indian Citizens
- How to Get Tibet Permit in Chengdu
- Tibet Travel Permit Without Tour
- How to Get Tibet Permit in China
- Permit to Visit Mount Everest
- Is there any age-limit on Tibet permits
- Tibet Visa for Indian Passport
- Chinese Visa for Tibet
- How to Apply for Chinese Visa for Tibet Travel?
- Tibet Group Visa & Tibet Travel Permit from Nepal
- Tibet travel permit matters needing attention
- How to apply for Tibet permit 2024
- How Can I Extend My China Visa
- Apply for Tibet Visa from Nepal
- Tibet Travel Permit FAQs
- Tibet travel permit cost
- Tibet Permit Without Tour
- What is Tibet Permit