Home > Tibet Travel Guide > Tibet Travel Permit > How Can I Extend My China Visa?

How Can I Extend My China Visa?

Foreign travelers who want to stay longer in China need to apply for an extension. To get an extension on your L visa, you need to submit a form to the Local Public Security Bureau 7 days before the expiration date of your visa. Most visas are issued for 90 to 120 days.

The materials required for extending your L visa are as follows:

Valid passport and your current L visa

Application form for a visa extension

Color photo (35mm x 45mm)

Registration Form of Temporary Residence

Bank account records proving savings of at least 21,000 yuan for a 30-day stay

Reason for the extension

How long you can get an extension for depends on the type of your visa. Multiple entry visas cannot be extended.

72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Visitors from 45 countries can benefit from the policy:

28 countries in the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.

Three other European countries: Russia, Romania, and Ukraine.

Six countries in the Americas: United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and Chile.

Two countries in Oceania: Australia and New Zealand.

Six countries in Asia: Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, and Qatar.

Travelers who fly to the designated airports and have a flight ticket to a third country can enjoy a 72-hour visa-free service since January 1st, 2013.

These airports facilitate the 72-hour visa-free stopover:

Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)

Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (SHA)

Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG)

Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN)

Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU)

Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport (CKG)

Shenyang Taoxian International Airport (SHE)

Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport (DLC)

Guilin Liangjiang International Airport (KWL)

Kunming Changshui International Airport (KMG)

Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport (HGH)

Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport (XMN)

Xi’an Xianyang International Airport (XIY)

Changsha Huanghua International Airport (CSX)

Nanjing Lukou International Airport (NKG)

Tianjin Binhai International Airport (TSN)

Wuhan Tianhe International Airport (WUH)

Harbin Taiping International Airport (HRB)

144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Shanghai and some cities nearby allows travelers from 51 countries stay in certain cities for up to 144 hours (6 days) without applying for a Chinese travel visa to experience local culture and life. You can enjoy a journey in China easier.


Related link: Tibet Tour >>  Tibet Group Tour >> Tibet Travel >> Tibet Train Tour >> Tibet Travel Permit >> China Tour >> Tibet Train