Best Time to Visit Lhasa
When is the Best Time to Visit Lhasa
Generally, tourists can visit Lhasa all the year round with different climate features in each period. April to October is the best time to travel to Lhasa and the peak season is from May to September. During that period, the climate in Lhasa is warm and humid, not so dry and windy in winter and spring. Lhasa has a good reputation of “Sunlight City ” with a long duration of sunshine all year round.
If you go to Lhasa during summer and fall, you can visit Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple as well as Drepung Monastery at daytime and feel the strong and mysterious religion atmosphere. In the event that you arrive at Lhasa just during the Shoton Festival. As in winter and spring, you can enjoy the discount off the normal admission price in Lhasa. Moreover, it is the best time to experience the plateau thermal spring and try to climb the snow mountain.
Colorful Scenery of Lhasa in Autumn
Plan your Lhasa Tour? Lhasa, the capital of China’s Tibet Autonomous Region, is one of the highest cities in the world. Lhasa has beautiful scenery. April to October is regarded as the best seasons for traveling Lhasa.
In particular, the best months are May, June, September or October as July and August are rainy months. Summer is not that hot and winter is not that cold in Lahsa, but it experiences a large difference in temperature from morning to night. Lhasa is in highland area, so a few visitors may have altitude sickness. please take your health checkup to make sure that you are able to adapt to the plateau climate there. Use this travel guide to help you make a smart decision about when to visit Lhasa and Tibet as a whole.
Lhasa in Spring
Lhasa enjoys the reputation of “sunlight city” by Tibetans. Spring in Lhasa is dry and windy. So you need to pay attention to add water to your body and mineral water is a good choice.
What’s more, lipstick is also necessary. Generally the May Day Holiday is the beginning of the traveling season.
Lhasa in Summer
Summer is the rainy season of Lhasa. Different from other cities, it rains at night and sunny again in daytime. Lhasa enjoys a mild climate, neither too cold in winter nor hot in summer.
The temperature in summer is generally from 10℃ to 20℃. But the ultraviolet radiation is so strong that you has to protect your skin well. The sunglasses, sun cream, lip balm and hat should be brought.
Early May and early October are the best times to visit Mt. Everest. Thanks to the clear weather, this period provides the best views of Mt. Everest.|
Lhasa in Autumn
The weather is autumn of Lhasa is also dry and windy. It has been in gold colour as autumn arrives. Most of trees have turned to yellow by the mild sunlight while those red maple leaves dress up the park as if the spring doesn’t go away.
Lhasa in Winter
Most people think of Lhasa as being extremely cold. In fact, winter in Lhasa is not that cold. Lhasa has a cool and dry climate with frosty winter. There are some features in winter of Lhasa: blue sky and bright sun, in particular. And it is the best season to see snow-capped mountains.
1. April to October is the best time to visit Lhasa and the peak season is from May to September. Better book your tour package in advance, because it will be quite difficult to book your train/flight ticket in peak seasons.
2. Lhasa has strong radiation ultraviolet radiation and large temperature difference between day and night at all seasons. Please do enough sunblock protections and prepare some warm cloths and long-sleeve coats, shoes from getting cold.
3. Lhasa is situated in Qinghai Tibet Plateau with high elevation. For the most concerned high altitude sickness, both physically and mental condition mean a lot. You can contact us for more professional advice.
4. In winter, tourists can tour the downtown Lhasa area, sometimes roads to other destinations may be closed due to heavy snowfall. Choose a good time to go is very important.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- China Tibet tour
- Beijing to Tibet Tours
- Chengdu Tibet Tour
- Shanghai Tibet Tours
- Xi'an Tibet Tours
- Yunnan Tibet Tours
- Xining Tibet Tours
- Guangzhou Tibet Tours
- Chongqing Tibet Tours
- Hong Kong Tibet Tours