Tibet Travel Permit Without Tour
Some of our customers preferring independent travel would ask us for a Tibet permit only. Though we did provide such services before, we have to say “SORRY” now.
After March 14, 2008 when a series of riots, protests, and demonstrations took place in Lhasa, local government implements more strict regulations on tourism industry. All foreign travelers are required to book tour services, especially hiring a tour guide and a car for their whole trip in Tibet, from the travel agency through which they apply for the permit. They must submit their trip schedule to the local government for approval when applying for the permit. Once the permit is issued, they are not allowed to change their itinerary at will.
Therefore, travelers, backpackers in particular, are faced with bigger tour cost and limited flexibility. The cost may increase from dozens of dollars per day to hundreds. For example, they have to spend a lot on renting a car instead of taking a bus from Lhasa to Shigatse. In addition, they have to hire a tour guide for the whole trip, not selectively.
As a responsible company, we won’t break the law and get you into trouble. Thus, we have to say “NO” if you ask for a Tibet permit only. But we have figured out three solutions for increasing flexibility and reducing your cost as much as possible.
1. To increase flexibility Apply for more tourist destinations and a longer time than planned. Then, you can extend or shorten your trip in Tibet flexibly within the validity of your permit. The cost will not increase because of more sites or a longer period of validity.
2. To reduce the cost
Travel Tibet China is the local travel agency to launch Tibet group tours to help tourists to save more money. We offer several popular group tours with regular departures each week, such as Lhasa to Everest Base Camp or Kathmandu. The cost can be reduced to 120-150 dollars per day, even for a long trip.
3. To obtain more free time
You can arrange 1-2 free days for shopping, resting or doing other things you are interested in.
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Tibet Travel Advice
- Flights to Tibet
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Tibet Weather Guide
- Traffic in and out of Tibet
- Tibetan diet guide
- Tibetan Religious Culture
- Tibet accommodation guide
- Travel Travelogues
- Tibet Specialty
- Tibet Travel Tips
- Tibet's latest travel info
- History of Tibet
- Tibetan Culture
- Tibet Train Guide
- Tibetan Festival
- You might like
- Tibet Travel Permit FREE of Charge
- 2020 & 2021 Latest Tibet Travel Permit Information
- Tibet Visa for Indian Citizens
- How to Get Tibet Permit in Chengdu
- Tibet Travel Permit Without Tour
- How to Get Tibet Permit in China
- Permit to Visit Mount Everest
- Is there any age-limit on Tibet permits
- Tibet Visa for Indian Passport
- Chinese Visa for Tibet
- How to Apply for Chinese Visa for Tibet Travel?
- Tibet Group Visa & Tibet Travel Permit from Nepal